Elías Querejeta Film School is a postgraduate centre offering high-level specialist professional courses. It is the perfect place for those wishing to explore film and new professions from both an experienced-based and intellectual perspective. As a centre of cinematographic ideas and innovation, it is vital that all those participating in the project be fully committed and engaged, with a mature outlook. The profile of both the faculty and the student body is international.
The Elías Querejeta Film School syllabus is designed for students with or in the process of earning a university degree (undergraduate degree), or those who have graduated from film school. Under exceptional circumstances, the school will consider accepting candidates who, while not meeting the aforementioned criteria, can nevertheless provide proof of sufficient experience in the world of film.
The admissions period for the 2022-2023 academic year will start on February 1.
Applications can only be submitted by completing the form available on this page.
To apply for a place at the school, please proceed as follows:
1. In addition to providing all their personal and academic details, candidates should indicate which specialist course they wish to apply for, in order of preference. The Admissions Board will take this information into account, but reserves the right to invite candidates to join a specialist course that may not coincide with their first choice.
2. Candidates should submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Brief biography (see examples)
- Motivational letter or video.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A brief report outlining the project they wish to develop during the course. All formats and project types are admissible.
- Degree certificate or academic transcripts.
Candidates may also submit any other materials they deem relevant. Letters of recommendation are not accepted.
The intake for each specialist course is limited to 15 students.
Decisions regarding applications
The selection process begins at the same time as the admissions period (1 February), which means that available places may be filled before the end of said period.
Applications will be assessed by the Admissions Board and the school's Academic Management Team.
Following an initial assessment of applications, candidates may be called for an interview (either face-to-face or online).
The school will inform candidates of the status of their application. There are three possible alternatives: Accepted, Waiting List and Rejected. Candidates will be notified of Admissions Board's decision during the first fortnight of June.
Candidates assigned to the waiting list must confirm their wish to remain on said list. It is possible that the status of their application may not be resolved until the end of August, once the selection process has been definitively completed.
All communications shall be carried out using the email provided on the application form.
EQZE reserves the right to notify applicants of the status of their application at any moment during the process.
Depending on the development of the process, EQZE could extend the admission period.
Once admitted onto the course, successful candidates will have one week to confirm their acceptance of the place being offered.
After accepting their place, they must then submit the following documents within the space of 15 days:
1. Students from countries outside the European Higher Education Area whose degrees are not officially recognised in Spain must complete and sign the UPV/EHU's E-5 form and submit it alongside a scanned copy of their degree certificate and academic transcripts.
2. Students who do not have a university degree must complete and sign the UPV/EHU’s Form II, and submit it alongside proof of those qualifications providing access to a university degree (Baccalaureate certificate, for example). They must also provide proof of their professional experience (including their social security records).
3. Certified copy of the qualification providing access to the EQZE.
* All documents must be translated into Spanish (except those originally in French, English, Italian or Portuguese).
Students will be sent all the information they will need to formalise their enrolment, including payment methods and deadlines.
Admission to the EQZE will only become effective once the established deposit has been paid within the stated deadline and the aforementioned documents have been duly submitted.
Formalisation of enrolment implies acceptance of the syllabus.
The tuition fee for the 2022-2023 Academic Year is pending update.
email@example.com / (+34) 943 545 005.